Monday, February 2, 2009

My Baby

Yes, she's still my baby even though she'll be 16 years old in thirteen days! I know this isn't the best photo I have of Emily, but I still like it. I can't believe she's about to be sixteen. My gosh...she's a sophomore in high school now and only has two more years before college. Where does the time go?

I love this child so much it actually hurts. She is such a good girl and we are so proud of her. She has given us very minimal trouble (much less than her brother and sister) over the years. She is sensitive, kind-hearted, loyal, insightful, and so talented. She has a gorgeous singing voice that is truly a God-given talent. Emily is just a beautiful person and I feel fortunate that she calls me "Mommy". Emmers...I love you, sweetie!

I don't feel so bad about Lee not reading my blog after hearing from you guys. Seems that several of you have husbands that don't read yours either. I've learned to keep my mouth shut, though. After interrogating Lee about why he doesn't read my blog, guess what he did? Yep...he read it from beginning to end. Big mistake! Let me tell you...that man is pretty defensive about his doctor. Remember the earlier post about Dr. Overn? Well, I got a mini lecture about that post being "inappropriate". He also told me that Dr. Overn does have female patients. I can promise you that I won't be hounding Lee to read my blog in the future.

Just two more things for tonight. Shannon, thank you so much for letting me know I had the wrong year on my photos. I appreciate it very much!

Don't think I'm slighting my other two children and my step-daughter because this post was about Emily only. The other kids are grown and don't live at home so we don't see them as often. The last time I saw my other two children was Thanksgiving and we saw my step-daughter at Christmas. We won't see any of them again until summer, but I may cheat a little and post the most recent pics of them so I can introduce you.

Until tomorrow...

12 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've seen your blog. I so enjoyed reading your journaling. I, too, have a daughter who is turning 16 in one month. I wonder the same things you do--where do the years go? It will break my heart when she leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photo is just gorgeous! I love the selective coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and white photo with the pops of color in the tile. Gail, Emily is so pretty and sounds like a wonderful daughter! Know what you mean about the time flying. My son just turned 16 in December and is a sophomore, too. I knew high school was going to go by too fast! I'll probably be a sobbing mess when he graduates!

    Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the coloring here Gail. Did you buy her the tiles?

    I think the youngest have a special place in our hearts. I love all my boys...but, it is different. At least you have two more years of high school. Eric will graduate this year, although he has informed me he will be living at home for awhile yet. He isn't ready to move out. He can attend school and live at home. I'm totally alright with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your photo of your beautiful daughter, it`s so cool with the colors against the black and white.
    My hubby don`t read my blog either. He don`t even care I thing, and that`s ok with me. I like to have something that is all mine. I show him the photos though, but that`s all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo!! I know just how you feel, my DD turned 18 last november and feels almost unreal :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super photo, and great selective colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful photo and love the selective coloring and DOF! Fab shot and love how she's holding those tiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photo of your beautiful daughter.
    As for your husband reading your blog, it proves the old adage.......be careful what you ask for.
    I'm not sharing this blog, necessaily, cuz I don't want any comments about what I might write. I'm not saying my family can't see it,as I said I told my daughter to look (have no idea if she has).......but I love you guys here, and your comments mean the most to me at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I tagged you, Gail, if you have time. If not, no worries:

    http://chreamps365images.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great photo of your daughter!

    My husband doesn't read my blog either. I don't think I'd want him to because then he'd have something to say. :) I'm sure he thinks it is silly that I blog, but I am really enjoying doing it.

    ReplyDelete